Thursday 6 August 2015

A Million Miles Away by Lara Avery

This is the kind of story, which attracts the type of reader, who is looking for a bit of heartbreak with their romance.

I have to say the characters are still quite young and the story leans towards the teeny side of YA.

Avery covers quite a few important issues, such as omitting the truth to keep someone safe and the way grief is dealt with individually.

However in the midst of all the heartache, tears and general drama there are some rays of light.

Would you make the same choice to keep someone safe and from unravelling if they are in a combat zone? Knowing or assuming the truth might just break them or be the one thing that takes their attention away from more important situations. The kind of situations, which may just cost their life or others lives.

Was Kelsey's choice wrong? I think there can be some debate about that, because I think her decision was instinctive, altruistic and made with the best interest of Peter in mind. Was it also about holding on and not being able to let go of Michelle? Absolutely, but I don't believe Kelsey was aware of it at the time she made the choice.

Is it predictable, well yes, but I think many who use that particular word tend to forget the fact romance readers really do like a specific pattern to the stories they read. Predictable then becomes exactly what I needed and what I wanted to read today.
I received a copy of this book via NetGalley.

No comments:

Post a Comment