Thursday 3 January 2019

My Best Reads of 2018!


The thing about Best Book lists is that it is difficult to limit the number of books to ten or twenty. In fact I think I would probably find it hard to pick just one hundred. The majority of books will contain some element I have enjoyed enough to recommend it to others. Then you also have to factor in the books I haven't had a chance to read yet or haven't discovered yet.

At this point many thanks to all the bloggers, reviewers, authors and social media users who helped to empty my wallet during 2018 by recommending so many fantastic books!

I have to admit this was really hard and so many more deserve a mention. I think I need a 100 books of 2018 list. In no particular order here are a few of my Best Reads of 2018 with buy links, Twitter handles and links to my reviews:


The Woman in the Window by A J Finn
Publisher: HarperCollins - pub date 25 Jan. 2018, Follow @AJFinnBooks @HarperCollinsUK, read my review of The Woman in the Window

The Chalk Man by C J Tudor
Publisher: Penguin - pub date 11 Jan. 2018, Follow @cjtudor @MichaelJBooks, read my review of The Chalk Man

The Girl in the Tower by Katherine Arden
Publisher: Del Rey - pub date 25 Jan. 2018, This is the second part of the Winternight Trilogy, Follow @arden_katherine @EburyPublishing, read my review of The Girl in the Tower

Exhibit Alexandra by Natasha Bell
Publisher: Michael Joseph - pub date 8 Mar. 2018, Follow @byTashB @MichaelJBooks, read my review of Exhibit Alexandra

The Heart Forger by Rin Chupeco
Publisher: Sourcebooks - pub date 1 April 2018, Follow @RinChupeco @SourcebooksFire, read my review of The Heart Forger


We Were the Salt of the Sea by Roxanne Bouchard
Publisher: Orenda Books - pub date 30 Mar. 2018, Follow @RBouchard72 @OrendaBooks, read my review of We Were the Salt of the Sea

The Perfect Girlfriend by Karen Hamilton
Publisher: Wildfire - pub date 22 Mar. 2018, Follow @KJHAuthor @Wildfirebks, read my review of The Perfect Girlfriend

Paper Ghosts by Julia Heaberlin
Publisher: Michael Joseph - pub date 19 April 2018, Follow @juliathrillers @MichaelJBooks, read my review of Paper Ghosts

Carnivore by Jonathan Lyon
Publisher: HQ - paperback edition pub date 5 April 2018, Follow @jonathan_lyon @HQStories, read my review of Carnivore

Hydra by Matt Wesolowski
Publisher: Orenda Books - 15 Jan. 2018, Second part of the Six Stories series, Follow
@ConcreteKraken or @Orendabooks, read my review of Hydra


Dead Girls by Graeme Cameron
Publisher: HQ, pub date 31 May 2018, Follow @GNCameron @HQStories read my review of Dead Girls

Ace of Shades by Amanda Foody
Publisher: Harlequin Teen - pub date 10 April 2018, Follow @AmandaFoody @HQStories read my review of Ace of Shades

Lancelot by Giles Kristian
Publisher: Bantam Press - pub date 31 May 2018, Follow @GilesKristian @TransworldBooks, read my review of Lancelot

Sing, Unburied, Sing by Jesmyn Ward
Publisher: Bloomsbury Publishing, Follow @jesmimi @BloomsburyBooks, read my review of Sing, Unburied, Sing

Needle Song by Russell Day
Publisher: Fahrenheit Press - pub date 29 April 2018, Follow @rfdaze @fahrenheitpress, read my review of Needle Song


No Further Questions by Gillian McAllister
Publisher: Penguin, pub date 4 Oct. 2018, Follow @GillianMAuthor @MichaelJBooks, read my review of No Further Questions

The Language of Secrets by Ausma Zehanat Khan
Publisher: No Exit Press, pub date 26 Oct. 2017, Follow @AusmaZehanat @noexitpress read my review of The Language of Secrets

I Invited Her In by Adele Parks
Publisher: HQ, pub date 20 Sept. 2018, Follow @adeleparks @HQStories, read my review of I Invited Her In

The Secret Legacy by Sara Alexander
Publisher: HQ - pub date 9 Aug. 2018, Follow @AuthorSaraAlex @HQStories, read my review of The Secret Legacy

The Emperor of Shoes by Spencer Wise
Publisher: No Exit Press -  pub date 26 July 2018, Follow @SpencerWise10 @noexitpress read my review of The Emperor of Shoes


Bluebird, Bluebird by Attica Locke
Publisher: Serpent's Tail - paperback edition pub date 29 Mar. 2018, Follow @atticalocke @serpentstail, read my review of Bluebird, Bluebird

Someone I used to Know by Patty Blount
Publisher: Sourcebooks Fire - pub date 1 Sept. 2018, Follow @PattyBlount @SourcebooksFire, read my review of Someone I Used to Know

Vox by Christina Dalcher
Publisher: HQ - pub date 23 Aug. 2018, Follow @CVDalcher @HQStories, read my review of Vox

The Map of Us by Jules Preston
Publisher: HarperImpulse - pub date 12 July 2018, Follow @jules_preston_ @HarperImpulse, read my review of The Map of Us

Bone Lines by Stephanie Bretherton
Publisher: Unbound Digital - pub date 19 Sept. 2018, Follow @BrethertonWords @unbounders, read my review of Bone Lines


A Spark of Light by Jodi Picoult
Publisher: Hodder & Stoughton, pub date 30 Oct. 2018, Follow @jodipicoult @HodderBooks, read my review of A Spark of Light

Miss Marley by Vanessa Lafaye with Rebecca Mascull
Publisher: HQ - pub date 1 Nov. 2018, Follow @rebeccamascull @HQStories read my review of Miss Marley

Attend by West Camel
Publisher: Orenda Books - 13 Dec. 2018, Follow @west_camel @OrendaBooks, read my review of Attend

And So It Begins by Rachel Abbott
Publisher: Wildfire - 15 Nov. 2018, Follow @RachelAbbott @Wildfirebks, read my revew of And So It Begins

Bitter by Francesca Jakobi 
Publisher: Weidenfeld & Nicolson - 8 Mar. 2018, Follow @fjakobi @wnbooksread my review of Bitter


Already on my Best Reads of 2019 list
The Binding by Bridget Collins
Publisher: The Borough Press - pub date 10 Jan 2019, Follow @Br1dgetCollins @BoroughPress, read my review of The Binding

When All is Said by Anne Griffin
Publisher: Sceptre - pub date 24 Jan 2019, Follow @AnneGriffin_ @SceptreBooks, read my
 review of When All is Said

Going through all these books, there are quite a few not on the list that deserve a mention and some I still have to review - I can say without a doubt that I have read a lot of excellent books this year!


No comments:

Post a Comment